||born July 21st in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.|
||B.A., University of Manitoba.|
||M.A., University of Manitoba.|
||B.A., Cambridge University.|
||Taught at the University of Wisconsin.|
||Taught at the University of St. Louis.|
||M.A., Cambridge University.|
||Married Corinne Lewis of Fort Worth, Texas.|
||Ph.D., Cambridge University.|
||Taught at Assumption College, Windsor, Ontario.|
||Taught at St. Michael's College, University of Toronto.|
||The Mechanical Bride: Folklore of Industrial Man published.|
||Chairman of Ford Foundation Seminar on Culture and Communication.|
|| Associate editor of the journal "Explorations" edited by Edmund S. Carpenter.|
||Director of Project in Understanding New-Media for National Association of Educational Broadcasters, and Office of Education, U.S.A.|
||The Gutenberg Galaxy: The Making of Typographic Man|
won the Governor General's Medal for that year.
||Appointment by the President of The University of Toronto to direct a new Centre for Culture and Technology (to study the psychic and social consequences of technologies and media). |
||Fellow of the Royal Society of Canada.|
Understanding Media: The Extensions of Man published.
||Honorary degree from University of Windsor, D.Litt.|
||Honorary degree from Assumption University, D.Litt. Outstanding lecture at the Second Annual A.V.B Geoghegan Lecture, University of Pennsylvania.|
||- Marfleet Lectures, The University of Toronto.
- Purves Memorial Lecture, American Institute of Architects, New York.
- The Medium is The Massage with visual design by Quentin Fiore, produced by Jerome Agel, published.
- Honorary degree from The University of Manitoba, D.Litt.
- Honorary degree from Simon Fraser University, LL.D.
- Honorary degree from Grinnell University, Iowa, D.Litt.
- Recieved Honorary Award in Culture and Communications from Niagara University, New York. Molson Award for outstanding achievement in the Social Sciences.
- War and Peace in the Global Village, with visual design by Quentin Fiore, produced by Jerome Agel, published.
||Appointment to the Schweitzer Chair in the Humanities, Fordham University, New York.|
||Relocated Centre for Culture and Technology to Coach House at University of Toronto.|
||Honorary degree from St. John Fischer College, Lit. Hum.|
||Received the Institute of Public Relations President's Award, Great Britain.
Appointment as a Champion of the Order of Canada.
Outstanding lectures at:
- Congressional Breakfast, Washington, D.C.
- Gillet Lecture Series, University of Western Ontario.
- Mary C. Richardson Lecture, State University College of Arts and Science, Genesco, New York.
||Honorary degree from The University of Alberta, LL.D. Received the Christian Culture Award, Assumption University, Windsor, Ontario Gold Medal Award from the President of the Italian Republic at Rimini, Italy, in recognition of original work as philosopher of the mass media.|
||Honorary degree from The University of Western Ontario, D.Litt. Outstanding lecture, McAuley, St. Joseph College, West Hartford, Connecticut. President's Cabinet Award, University of Detroit.|
||Passed away peacefully in his sleep on the last day of 1980.